Sivut

sunnuntai 22. maaliskuuta 2015

Comparing Obitsu and Dollfie Dream

As I promised, here comes some comparison about my Obitsu 48cm girl body and Dollfie Dream type II body. They are not the same size, I can't say anything about bigger Obitsu bodies since this is the only one I have. x) Same goes to DD bodies, I only have type II body.

I have about 30 pics here, so this is a bit long post.
Also I'm super lazy at doing any editing or photoshop, so please bear with me. x)


Today our victims are:
Chinami, Volks DDH06 with type II body
Karin, Parabox/Obitsu Ai-chan with 48cm girl body


Chi and Karin are sisters! Chinami is the responsible big sister, Karin is clumsy child.
About the size difference, I'm quite happy how these two work as sisters!

Now starts the nudity part. Close your eyes and abandon my blog if you aren't comfortable with nude dolls! D:






First comparing hand movements. Chi can't close her eyes as effectively as Karin. Also the Obitsu holds her hands in the position where put more easily. The Obitsu is very sturdy and stable!

Not listening me? Right.

Both of these have good movement range in their hands, but Obitsu's is slightly better and as said she holds the poses more easily.

First I had doubts about the looks of the joints in Obitsu, but they do look better than DD joints when flexed.

Specially the Obitsu knees look better to my eyes. DD gets these caps when bending knees.

Aesthetically I like both of these bodies. Very cute and I like the detailed work on both.
Keep in mind that both DD and Obitsu have different sizes, these are not the only ones. :D
This comparison might be more useful if I'd have both dolls as ~60cm. But no can do!


Side boobs! Bit useless, of course Chinami has bigger boobs since she is older!
By the way Chinami is sporting S-size chest piece.
Used to have M, but it felt too big to my taste.

But they both have cute boobs and tummies, right?

The lower torso part is something I'm not too fond of in Obitsu. The plastic is VERY shoft, and you can squeeze in her tummy and butt. :C Also gets deformed easily when posing. 

Forward bend standing! Both of them can do it, Obitsu bends a bit more than DD.

Sitting! You go girls!
Forward bend while sitting!
Obitsu wins this one, but....
Deformed tummy! D: True that it might not be able to bend this much without the soft material, but still I don't like how it looks. Clothes do help to hide it, but I wouldn't dare to leave the doll like this for long time. :S
Neither of them can do a proper seiza. :C

Obitsu does suwarikko better, but not perfect either. Her knees won't bend more when they are rotated sideways.
(The smaller Obitsu bodies are better at this btw! Those are the queens of posing.)
Chi your kira kira pose isn't helping, you are losing this one so far!

Obitsu can sit and hug her knees.
Chi, that can't be even called trying! >_<'
Gymnastics time! They both can do forward splits.

Sideways just doesn't work for DD.
Maybe we leave the gymnastics for Karin...

I like it how much movement range she has in her neck! :o

Or maybe I'm just too used to BJD.
They can't really hold their heads in any up/down directions...



They both are stable in the neck joint, you can leave the head in any position and it stays.


I prefer the DD knee joints when they are straight, but when flexed the Obitsu looks much better.

Ankles are a bit more a matter of taste? I myself prefer how the Obitsu looks.
DD ankles don't bend so much. But despite how much the Obitsu ankles bend, they are not losing in stability.

Hand comparison!
The joint looks about the same, but the movement works bit different.
They do have about the same range of movement anyways.

 And that was it!
If you think I'm missing some poses that you guys are interested in, please drop a comment!
If you find my pictures helpful I'll happily take more photos of interesting poses.

About the balance of both bodies. I tried to do some balancing with both of them, like to get them to stand on one leg and such. Obitsu had more hope, specially with her metal plate stand. You can see the stand in the last pic. Obitsu has magnets inside of her feet, and using the stand brings more stability. But since it is only a plate it doesn't support the body at all, so no standing on one leg with that either. I think it might be possible though if you have a reaaaaallly long patience (I don't). I got Karin to stand on one leg for like half a second, but not for enough time that I could have left her there and grab my camera.

In overall stability Obitsu takes the cookie. If I'd have to bet my moneys on which of these dolls can stand steadily for longer time I'd choose Obitsu, even without the metal plate stand. Her frame is sturdier, despite the softness of the stomach part. Actually even thought my Obitsu is smaller she weights about the same as my DD.

Both of the dolls have pros and cons. Obitsu is a great poser, but if someone prefers the looks then it would be Dollfie Dream. (Maybe, Obitsu joints do look better in action!) Material wise I also prefer Dollfie, the plastic feels better to touch and there is no deforming stomach. x)

I often hear said that Obitsu dolls are lacking quality, and only people who don't want to spend more money to get BJD or DD go for Obitsu. It's a bit stupid to say that way, everything is about personal tastes in the end. Specially if you haven't tried having Obitsu yourself! :)

 Just that they should have more different face molds to suit different tastes. I like the anime style on Ai-chan/P-chan, but they don't have more similar ones. :p
!!! But hey there is coming Bluefairy/Obitsu love childs!
Bluefairy style heads, with Obitsu 21cm bodies. They could fit with my Azone dolls, right.... :D




End of rant(?), peace and love to everyone! 

Karin says that every doll should be taken as equals! Right?!?
She might be small, but she has a big heart!


2 kommenttia:

  1. Both girl look so cute!

    I like my little P-chan but you're right, Obitsu could have more face variety. And yay Milky Fairies...I need one when the doll budget permits <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. thanks a lot for this comparison, I was looking for something like that :)

    VastaaPoista