Sivut

perjantai 19. kesäkuuta 2015

BJD tag & Happy Midsummer!


Apparently this is from Instagram, but I stole this from the fairchildren. x)


1) You can find the profiles here: http://yarnstack.blogspot.fi/p/my-dolls.html
     At the moment I have 6 resin BJD and a pile of other dolls.

2) Uhhh it has been a bit quiet here lately with resin dolls. Newest one is Nagisa, Unoa Lusis. Despite the fack that she is sharing a body with Sist. xD But anyway I got Nagisa's faceplate last november.

3) Nanji, Fairyland Pukifee Zio. I got her at spring 2011 or something like that.
Thought she is not my first doll, that was Dollzone Kay, who I got 2008, but I sold him few years ago.

4) I have many that I like, but if I have to choose only one I'd say Fairyland. I have only few face sculpts that I like from them, but ohhh the bodies <3 I love how well the dolls move and pose, and they also look very pretty!
I used to have Minifee Shushu, but I sold it. Stupid me, now I miss that! :D Luckily I have my two Pukifees.

5) Least favorite company huh? Hard to say, I tend to just ignore all companies that don't have dolls to my liking. :D Maybe one of those with really weird designs and stuff. Or too realistic! That's a bit creepy too.

6) My kind of a grail was Unoa Lusis. I loved the sculpt from the very beginning of my doll hobby, but I always thought that Unoa's are very expensive and hard to get. I kind of never didn't even try to really get one.
But long story short, I got myself Unoa Sist and some time after that Unoa Lusis faceplate, both second hand. Maybe it would be cool to get new one later when I have that kind of extra money.

7) Weird question. Depends! I like to look at pretty dolls overall. But one part that I check in every doll is usually the hands. Pretty hands are the best thing ever! Like Fairyland Minifee hands! They look very delicate. Also Unoa hands are ok. And recently I found Classy doll, from images their hands look very pretty, but I haven't seen one irl. Actually I'm bit tempted to buy one, the body looks very pretty too... :S

8) Usually everything starts from the doll sculpt for me. If I find a doll that I like, I start to create a look and character for it. If I like what I get as a result of my imaginary work, I might end up buying the doll, or at least putting it on wanted-list. x) AS for clothes and such, the inspiration might come from anywhere. Anime, magazines, pictures from internet, pattern from a book or online, or something like that! Sometimes I even have my own imagination. x')

9) Mostly I'm in to knitting and crocheting for dolls, but I also like sewing. Or just anything where I can make something with my hands.
 I do like photography too, but I have no real equipment or talent to use any camera. x)
Oooooor in the end I just love to look at pretty dolls. <3 Meetups are also great, you get to know more people with the same interests and get to see many different dolls.

10) When there is a community, there is always some kind of drama going on. Lately I have been less active in the communities, so gladly I don't know what's the current drama topic. :D
My least favorite drama topic is on-/off-topic dolls battle, or recast dolls.


That's about the tag thing, thank you for reading! And since you read it, I'll tag YOU!




Now some Dollfie Dream talk!
Last week I was visiting Joensuu for Iaido seminar. Since I was in Joensuu, Pihlajakoto invited me for a coffee and I also got to visit her house.
That was super fun, thank you so much for letting me to see all your dollies!

I have only one DD, and thus the DDII body is the only one I have any experience from. Now I got to see different bodies, and ohhh the DDIII body moves so much better than Chi's. x) Seeing the options got me to wonder should I upgrade Chinami's body to never one. That would leave me with an extra type II body, and I have doubts that no-one would be interested to buy it. Also one option would be to buy a set of type III arms. That would improve Chi's posing a bit, since now she can't even touch her face. As seen in the pic above... :D But I found out that even ordering only the arm parts that would come to something like 70€, which feels a bit costly.
I'll have to think about this. :S Or just forget about it.

Also!
Pihlajakoto had a Mirai Smartdoll! I have kind of wanted one since I found out about them from  Danny Choo's blog. Mirai's face is really cute, and the body is very pretty and looks like it works well.
Maybe the only thing why I haven't bought it so far is that Mirai is a character doll, and I haven't had one before. I tend to make my own characters for dolls, aaand I don't like the idea to "ruin" a ready made character. That's why I don't have any anime dolls either. Of course I could customize Mirai, but I do like her as she is! :D

But anyways, after seeing Pihlaja's Mirai I'm not so eager to get one anymore. x) The body was a bit funny, it was quite hard material otherwise, but the breast part was weirdly soft. Not like only the boobie part, but the whole piece to the neck. :S I wasn't quite fond of the combination, and it didn't feel so good as DD. Also the hardness of the one-piece bottom part of the body takes away some of the poseability that the inner frame would allow. But in the other hand, there is no joint in the hip area which looks good. But for posing, it doesn't work. But the looks...! I dunno lol. And my dolls normally wear clothes, they don't run around in underwear or bikini. (Maybe if I had Mirai, she could wear only bra and panties just because the body looks good!)
But still I like Mirai design wise, maybe someday I'll get one when I'm rich.Or the robotics version if it ever comes for sale. xD



Happy Midsummer to everyone!
It's rainy here, so despite Chinami's new set of summer clothes, we are staying inside.

2 kommenttia:

  1. This tag seems to be going around ~ and it's fun to read about it! I agree with you about the hands, those are quite important for me when I buy a doll ~

    Oh, about DD2's posability, I remember there being a secret way to make their joints "act" like double joints my friend told me about a long time ago when I used to have one ;3 The secret was to pull the arm out of the elbow joint a bit so then the elbow joint could bend further down. Have you tried that?

    VastaaPoista
  2. Heissunvei! Surffailin tässä näin ja noin - ja löysin sinun blogin! Säästin linkin niin että löydän tänne seuraavalla kerralla! Toivottavasti kesä oli mukava! Ihanat nuket sinulla on, katselin sitä nukkesivua erikoisesti. Siru ja Chinami saivat sydämmen laulamaan vähän enemmän. Oli kivä lukea tämä BJD-tag-juttu. :)

    VastaaPoista